Why Should You Use ABA?
- ABA is a structured way of learning any behavior, in any setting, with any living organism
- Children who receive intensive and early ABA intervention improve more than those who receive eclectic approaches or non-intensive treatments. Howard, Sparkman, Cohen, Green and Stainslaw (2005) 2
- When an individual’s progress is monitored through the collection of direct-observational data, proof of progress is available immediately.
- Furthermore, proof of lack of progress is available immediately as well. So, the need to make adjustments to procedures and goals is apparent immediately!
- With ABA, an individual’s program can be changed as soon or as often as necessary to ensure optimal and efficient progress
ABA can be incredibly effective for any individual when the procedures/treatments used are implemented consistently throughout the individual’s entire day. The most effective use of ABA will occur when the principles of ABA become a part of an individual’s daily life. When ABA becomes a way of living and dealing with all behavior, as opposed to a type of therapy that occurs for a few hours a week, learning and behavior become most efficient and optimal.
So, successful learning and behavioral improvements for an individual only start with the right clinic or therapist. As with any type of therapy, the caregiver’s (e.g. parent, day care provider, teacher, etc.) role in implementing the procedures/treatments is vital. Contact email@example.com for more information on how to make ABA a part of your life!